Imagine Canada and Volunteer Canada are proud to announce the
2011 CANADIAN BUSINESS & COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP AWARDS
Sponsored by Cenovus
NEW for 2011!
Small Business Award
Corporate Community Involvement Award!
Established in 1996, these Awards recognize and celebrate outstanding partnerships and impactful corporate community involvement between businesses and nonprofit organizations that are resulting in innovative ways to support Canadian communities.
You are eligible if:
- Your partnership is between a business and a charitable or non-profit organization;
- Your partnership or corporate community involvement program has existed for a minimum of two years prior to your application;
- Your partnership or corporate community involvement program is innovative and measurable;
- Your partnership or corporate community involvement program is sustainable and measurable;
- Your partnership program meets a community need and makes demonstrable difference;
- All participants involved in your partnership are engaged from start to finish;
- Your partnership program uses a wide spectrum of resources brought by both partners or your community involvement program demonstrates significant scope and range of opportunity within the company
- The corporation is an Imagine Canada Caring Company or member of Volunteer Canada’s Corporate Council on Volunteering.
Submissions are judged by leaders from both the business and nonprofit sectors. Our judges look for exemplary corporate community involvement programs and partnerships that demonstrate:
- Creative, sustainable solutions that meet a community need;
- Active involvement of both partners in the design and implementation of the project or program;
- A wide range of engagement and integration across the company and the direct involvement of senior leadership;
- Demonstrated engagement in review and evaluation; and
- A wide spectrum of resources brought by both partners.
For more information about the Canadian Business & Community Partnership Awards please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that there are 161,000 nonprofilts and charities in Canada?
Did you know that Canada’s nonprofit and voluntary sector is the 2nd largest in the world?
The sector represents $79.1 billion or 7.8% of the gross domestic product
The sector is larger than automotive and manufacturing. It generates $112 billion in revenues and employs 2 million people
Canadians donated $10 billion in 2007
Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick have the highest donor rates.
Canadians volunteered 2.1 billion hours in 2007
Young Canadians aged 15 to 24 are more likely to volunteer than Canadians in any other age group
One percent of nonprofits command 60% of all revenues flowing to the sector
Canadians with the lowest household incomes give a greater percentage of their income than others
Saskatchewan has the highest volunteer rate in the country, followed by the Northwest Territories and the Yukon
Those exposed to giving and volunteering activities early in life are more likely to continue those behaviours as adults
All about Imagine Canada's Standards Program (webinar)
Grant Connect 101: An Introduction to Grant Connect (webinar)