The federal government’s ambitious agenda will impact our sector and working as a network, we can respond better and accomplish more for Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector. The working groups tap into the expertise and energy of organizations across the country.
Data Working Group
This group focuses on developing a robust federal public policy proposal relating to improving the availability and accessibility of sector-wide data (data about the charitable and nonprofit sector).
Youth Employment Working Group
This group Identifies barriers to employment for youth, makes recommendations on how policy and programs can be improved at the level of federal government, offers recommendations to sector organizations.
The group’s mandate is to:
- Map out currently available federal data resources for the charitable and nonprofit sector and identify data gaps.
- Develop policy recommendations on what the federal government can do to address the gaps in data.
What we’re working on:
List of current advisors:
- Nilima Sonpal-Valias |Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations;
- Katherine Scott | Canadian Council on Social Development
- Nathan Grasse | Carleton University, School of Public Policy & Administration
- Cathy Barr, Brittany Fritsch, and David Lasby | Imagine Canada
- Bob Wyatt | Muttart Foundation
- Liz Sutherland | Ontario Nonprofit Network
- Michael Lenczner | Powered by Data
The policy Working Group on Youth Employment in the Charitable and Nonprofit Sector is composed of talented advisors working in labour, charitable umbrella and youth serving organizations.
Why we meet:
- Identify barriers to employment for youth and other entry-level workers
- Make recommendations on how policy and programs can be improved upon or created at the level of federal government
- Offer recommendations to sector organizations on what they can do to help address this issue
List of advisors:
- Amber Dukart | University of British Columbia
- Amy Kishek | Canadian Intern Association
- Carrington Christmas | NWAC
- Brittany Andrew Amofah | Carleton University
- Jackie Hall | YWCA
- Jeff Surridge | First Work
- Jennifer Holmes Weier | YMCA
- Justin Ho | Vancouver Division of Family Practice
- Mario Gravelle
- Rachel Gouin | Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada
- Rann Sharma | WE Charity
- Sara Lyons | Community Foundations Canada
Contact us email@example.com to learn more about the working groups!