About the Organization
Imagine Canada works alongside other charitable sector organizations — often in partnership with the private sector, governments and individuals in the community — to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation. We offer programs and provide resources that help strengthen charities and their operations, so they can, in turn, support the communities they serve.
About the Opportunity
Join Imagine Canada and be part of a dynamic organization transforming the charitable sector. We are looking for a team builder with an entrepreneurial mindset and a customer-first approach for the role of Manager, Customer Experience.
Reporting to the Director, Social Enterprise, the Manager, Customer Experience leads a team responsible for client and donor relations and communications. They align performance and messaging towards the delivery and marketing of services, and to the achievement of Imagine Canada objectives.
The Manager plays a leading, proactive role in optimizing processes – such as lead generation, e-commerce, and client onboarding – and the resulting end-to-end customer journey. Working closely with other departments and their team members, they chalk out and improve workflows relating to the sales and donor cycles, and they develop and report on key performance metrics.
The individual in this role collaborates with other departments to improve the value of Imagine Canada offerings. On an ongoing basis they provide feedback on our services using research insights, such as feedback from CX surveys, CX best practices, and internal customer data.
The Manager also puts their skills in business planning and marketing to use by supporting the development of Social Enterprise strategies, projects, and campaigns that drive service adoption and improve retention, and overseeing the successful execution of these campaigns.
Experience and Qualifications
- University or college degree in a related field
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and marketing knowledge
- Skilled in persuasion with the ability to motivate and influence others – whether “selling” an idea to colleagues or services within a marketplace
- Enthusiasm for customer and donor experience is essential as well as over three years’ related experience in a client service, sales, or customer experience role
- Proven success leading teams, with the ability to create an environment that fosters collaboration, participation, staff development, creativity, and empathy
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to easily adapt and flexibly multi-task in a very dynamic and collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills, with self-confident and engaging presentation skills and the ability to write compelling copy in a multitude of mediums
- Highly proficient leveraging enterprise technology including content management systems, ecommerce solutions, customer relationship management tools, and others
- Willing to travel outside of the GTA from time to time
Understanding and appreciation of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector
Experience in a B2B sales environment
Experience in major gifts fundraising
Experience with SaaS business models
Proficiency in both official languages
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: On-site at 65 St Clair Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2Y3
- Deadline for Applications: Applications are due September 24, 11:00PM EST.
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line, “Customer Experience Manager”. No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.