About Imagine Canada
Imagine Canada works alongside other charitable sector organizations — often in partnership with the private sector, governments and individuals in the community — to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation. We offer programs and provide resources that help strengthen charities and their operations, so they can, in turn, support the communities they serve.
About the Role
We’re hiring two Program Assistants! Join Imagine Canada and be part of a dynamic team transforming the charitable sector. Your helpful approach, professionalism, and attention to detail will support continuous improvement and drive results.
You will play a key role by overseeing the efficient operation of the Toronto office and by providing ongoing support to the Social Enterprise staff and portfolio of programs: the Caring Company Program, Grant Connect, the Standards Accreditation Program, and Membership.
You will be involved in performing a variety of administrative and client support duties including but not limited to: maintaining our stakeholder contact database; supporting the payment and renewal processes; coordinating various project logistics; report, mailing, and other document preparation; managing reception; responding to general inquiries and client requests for support; and greeting visitors.
Key Qualifications & Competencies
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in-progress or completed
- Education and/or work experience that reflects interest and aptitude in administration and customer service
- Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office, cloud and database software) with an ability to quickly master new technologies
- Excellent customer service skills, with an aptitude for solving problems and suggesting solutions
- Strong attention to detail with ability to consistently produce polished work
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and accountable
- Resourceful team player with a positive work ethic
- Professional and pleasant; approachable and easy to work with
- Experience in a non-profit environment and/or the charitable sector is an asset
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset (one of the two positions will be a bilingual role)
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: On-site at 65 St Clair Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2Y3
- Deadline for Applications: Applications are due September 20, 5:00PM EST.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our staff values.
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
We offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits, and the opportunity for development within your career.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line, “Program Assistant”.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.