Imagine Canada works alongside other charitable sector organizations — often in partnership with the private sector, governments and individuals in the community — to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation. We offer programs and provide resources that help strengthen charities and their operations, so they can, in turn, support the communities they serve.
We are looking for an Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will act as a spokesperson for Imagine Canada as we look to grow participation in our Caring Company Program, Standards Accreditation program, and the adoption of Grant Connect. The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for many of the nonprofit organizations and businesses Imagine Canada engages with, performing assessments to determine what kind of help they need, and informing and educating them about Imagine Canada programs. Responsibilities will include creating, organizing, and promoting outreach activities and special events, with a focus on marketing, sales, and advertising with the goal of creating awareness of Imagine Canada.
Business Development & Account Management
- Identify and qualify potential new customers and markets, and input client intelligence into the Imagine Canada internal CRM database.
- Conduct competitive intelligence research in connection with potential clients or markets, market developments and competitor activities.
- Schedule, prepare for, and execute formal sales presentations as well as informal meetings tailored to meet our potential/existing customers’ needs.
- Provide timely and effective support and guidance to Imagine Canada’s stakeholders.
- Offer online demonstrations of Grant Connect to fundraisers located across Canada.
- Work with team members to confirm Caring Company information and monitor new submissions.
- Provide administrative support to the broader team involved in sales operations, including assistance with scheduling, data integrity, and reporting.
Campaigns & Events
- Assist in the planning, implementation and execution of event operations and reporting.
- Increase the profile of Imagine Canada by attending industry events, and hosting online presentations.
- Support the development, execution, and promotion of other marketing initiatives that build awareness of Imagine Canada brands and drive sales growth.
- Retain knowledge of the charitable sector and Corporate Social Responsibility trends, research, and influencers, to be able to effectively assess needs of clients and opportunities for Imagine Canada.
- Participate in company committees, retreats, and other cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the overall success of Imagine Canada.
- Evaluation, updating and expansion of existing training processes and materials related to sales and account management.
Key Qualifications & Competencies:
- College diploma or University degree in related field with 2-3 years’ experience in sales, fundraising, marketing and/or the equivalent education and experience.
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis and to quickly form relationships.
- Proven success in cultivating stakeholder relationships and building consensus among teams.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to represent Imagine Canada in a warm, friendly, and enthusiastic manner, and put others at ease.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, professional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem solving ability with sound judgment and discretion.
- Experience using Salesforce, Google Drive and fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge is advantageous, but not essential.
- French is an asset.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our employee values.
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
Terms & Conditions
Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: On-site at 65 St Clair Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2Y3
- Deadline for Applications: April 8th, 2018 by 5PM EST
- Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line, “ Outreach & Engagement Coordinator” outlining why you are interested in the position as well as highlighting your relevant experiences.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.