The Association for Nonprofit and Social Economy Research (ANSER) invites nonprofit organizations, consultants, policymakers and researchers to propose papers for presentation at their 2017 conference. This conference will be held May 31 to June 2, 2017 at Ryerson University in Toronto.
Held annually, the ANSER conference brings together academic researchers, policymakers and nonprofit staff to explore issues related to civil society, social economy, and nonprofit research and practice.
Proposals can be for individual papers, panels, or roundtable discussions on topics related to nonprofits, co-operatives, social enterprises, community economic development, and the social economy in Canadian, comparative, or international contexts.
Proposals fitting any of the following areas are encouraged:
- Nonprofits and the Social Economy: From Far and Wide
- Social Enterprises, Social Entrepreneurship, & Social Innovation
- Community Economic Development & Community Organizing
- Volunteering & Citizen Engagement
- Collaborations, Partnerships & Mergers
- Communication, Networking & Social Media
- Finance, Governance & Management
- Research Methodologies & Community-University Research Partnerships
- Public Policy & Government Relations
- Theoretical Perspectives
- From Research to Practice
Proposals of wider relevance that may not fit these categories are also welcome. Papers, panels and roundtables involving collaboration between academics and practitioners are of particular interest.
Proposal abstracts, in either official language, must be submitted online by January 11, 2017. Full submission guidelines and a link to the online submission system can be found on the ANSER website.