Assistant, Client Services
Assistant, Client Services
Imagine Canada is seeking a highly detail oriented and organized individual to join our team as an Assistant, Client Services. This data entry, customer service, and program support role reports directly to the Manager, Standards Program. The Assistant will join our Enterprise team at Imagine Canada, playing an important role within our Standards Accreditation Program as well as our Caring Company Certification.
Imagine Canada’s Standards Program offers accreditation to charities and nonprofits across the country based on standards designed to strengthen practices in the areas of governance, financial accountability and transparency, fundraising, staff management, and volunteer involvement. The Caring Company Certification is Canada's premier public expression of excellence in corporate community investment. Caring Companies commit to giving at least 1% of pre-tax profit in support of their communities.
The individual in this role will be communicating with a variety of businesses, charities, and nonprofit organizations, helping them understand the programs offered by Imagine Canada, they will be onboarding new accounts, documenting client information within our company CRM, and will play an important role in supporting the collection and review of application and annual compliance data.
Reporting to the Manager, Standards Program, the assistant will support both the Standards Program (75%) and the Caring Company Certification (25%).
- Provide exceptional front-line service to customers by receiving, responding to, and/or escalating customer support requests ranging from basic (e.g., user provisioning) to complex (e.g., addressing technical training needs).
- Maintain timely, accurate and relevant records on customer relationships in all appropriate systems and in compliance with data quality guidelines.
- Provide administrative support to the broader Enterprise teams, including assistance with general inbox and phone line monitoring, order processing, scheduling, data integrity within our CRM (Salesforce), and reporting.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and execution of virtual and in person events.
- Work closely with team members to support the intake and tracking of new applications, ensuring timeliness of processing and reporting.
Skills and Experience Required
- College diploma or University degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience and interest in client/customer service or office administration.
- Interest in Canadian charities and nonprofits and appreciation of the diversity of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; works consistently and efficiently.
- Ability to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis and to quickly form relationships.
- Proven success in cultivating stakeholder relationships and building consensus among teams.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to represent Imagine Canada in a warm, friendly, and enthusiastic manner, and put others at ease.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, professional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem solving ability with sound judgment and discretion.
- High degree of comfort using new technologies to get the job done.
We're a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities. Established in 2005, our team of over 25 full-time staff are based in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal.
What We Offer
- Be part of a leading national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits. Very flexible working conditions.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: Toronto
- Annual Salary Range: $39,300 - $42,400
- Deadline - External: September 17, 2020, 11pm ET
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Assistant, Client Services” outlining why you are interested in the position as well as highlighting your relevant experiences. We are also hiring for a Coordinator, Accreditation. If you would like to apply for both positions, we encourage you to indicate this within your cover letter.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.