The future of the charitable work force in Canada can be seen in how charities and nonprofits hire, engage and retain young early-career workers. With expectations of talent gaps down the road, these workers are essential to the long-term sustainability of the sector.
Young People & Nonprofit Work
Released: May 2017
Through a series of interviews with young workers, we gained insights into the experiences, aspirations and challenges these individuals face as they explore a career in the nonprofit sector.
- Young people’s reasons for seeking nonprofit work
- Challenges of securing initial employment in the nonprofit sector
- Barriers to staying employed in nonprofits
- Recommendations for nonprofits on how to support young workers
- How to decrease barriers for young people entering the nonprofit sector
- How to engage young workers to increase their likelihood of staying in the nonprofit sector
Download the paper (PDF)