Who We Are
Through research, federal policy and advocacy, HR and fundraising resources, nonprofit accreditation and corporate community investment certification, we work with and for the social good sector, supporting its organizations and leaders who are making a difference in our communities in Canada and around the world.
Imagine Canada’s staff, operations, work, and network depend on traditional Indigenous territories to provide us physical space, sustenance, safety, and community to work, live, and play.
Our physical head office is located on the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabeg, the Haudenosaunee, the Chippewa, and the Wendat (Wyandot). We acknowledge that these lands are covered by Treaty 13 and the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant. We acknowledge that these lands are still home to many diverse First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people.
Our Mission & Strategy
- Funding is flexible, reliable, and flows more equitably to organizations and communities
- The sector offers prosperous careers and is governed by courageous leaders with lived experience
- Voices traditionally at the margins are sought out and valued in decisions impacting our collective futures
- Influencing the regulatory and policy environment in which social good organizations operate
- Ensuring decision-makers have access to timely and relevant knowledge about our sector
- Ensuring organizations are operating at the highest level of excellence
- Amplifying the unique and diverse perspectives within our sector
Imagine Canada envisions a charitable and nonprofit sector that supports and cultivates diverse, inclusive, just and equitable communities. We are working towards a sector that is truly representative of the communities we work with, that provides radically inclusive workplaces to employees and volunteers of all backgrounds, and that advances systems change.
IG Wealth Management
TD Bank Group
An Anonymous Donor
Community Foundations of Canada
Cottonwood Charitable Foundation
Silent Partner Software Inc.
Amazon Web Services
Blackbaud - Canada
Donald K. Johnson
Employment and Social Development Canada
The Counselling Foundation of Canada
Thank you to our supporters and sponsors for the fiscal year of 2021.
Your support enables us to take an enhanced leadership role in defining, promoting and strengthening the charitable sector in Canada.
We can envision progress in everything from how we work, to collaborative efforts, to fostering a more equitable society.
When we support each other, we can achieve great things. That offers tremendous hope for the future.