November 06, 2023 | 2:00pm - 3:30pm
After years of advocacy, the government has indicated that it is open to the idea of creating a home in government for the sector. This is an opportunity for the sector to think big about what our relationship with the federal government could look like and what it could help us achieve together.
Join us for this virtual town hall to hear from international experts and share your thoughts on big questions such as:
- What is the role of the nonprofit sector in society?
- What should the sector’s relationship with the government look like in 2050?
- How can the sector and the federal government better work together to address complex social and environmental issues?
- What are the federal government’s responsibilities to the nonprofit sector?
- How can we work with the federal government to build a future where communities have equitable access to high quality nonprofit programs and services?
We’ll be joined by:
Chief Executive at the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
Director of Sue Barker Charities Law in New Zealand
Executive Director of the Network for the Advancement of Black Communities (moderator)
This event will take place in English. We are hosting a separate event on the same topic in French.