Data analyst (4 month contract) - job posting
The Data Analyst will support data administration, requirements development, and quality assurance testing relating to Grant Connect, Imagine Canada’s digital fundraising platform. Grant Connect helps non-profit organizations across Canada find funding to sustain and grow their services. This position is ideal for an early-career professional looking to work on a growing, purpose-driven digital product in the nonprofit and/or technology sectors.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Product, the Data Analyst will:
- Play a supporting role in Grant Connect back-end and front-end quality assurance testing, including drafting testing requirements.
- Monitor and improve content and data workflows, working in collaboration with data and content assistants.
- Identify and test new tools and tactics for various business systems and processes.
- Play a crucial role in database design and data mapping projects based on thorough analysis of architecture.
- Document database-related business requirements and operational needs, and identify gaps.
- Drafting and updating functional and/or technical specifications.
- Defining and documenting functional solutions and revising them with the product manager and external software development team.
- Support Grant Connect’s product manager in the gathering and analysis of qualitative and quantitative user feedback through various channels.
- Collaborate with the data management coordinator on quality control and analysis projects.
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills, with an ability to quickly master technologies.
- Experience in, or deep knowledge of, business analysis, particularly the development and drafting of requirements.
- Experience with designing or improving a complex database.
- A passion for well-designed databases and digital processes.
- Proficient with database and content management systems.
- Understanding of APIs, as well as database languages like SQL and Python, preferred but not required.
- Detail-oriented and conscientious with a proven ability to deliver timely, high-quality results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, self-aware, trustworthy, and accountable.
- Resourceful and determined team player with a positive work ethic.
- Professional and astute, but also personable, approachable, and easy to work with.
- Knowledge, experience, and/or interest in fundraising and the non-profit sector.
- Working knowledge of French preferred but not required.
We're a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities. Established in 2005, our team of over 30 full-time staff are based in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal.
- Be part of a growing national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our employee values:
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
- Terms of Employment: Full time / 4 month contract with possibility of extension
- This position is contingent on and will be funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program, which is restricted to young people aged 15 to 30. Priority applicants, including applicants with disabilities, Indigenous applicants, applicants who are members of a visible minority, and applicants who are new immigrants or refugees, are particularly encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Location: Toronto. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, remote work will be required for the time being. Our team is fully equipped to work and collaborate virtually.
- Deadline: May 15, 2020
Send your resume to email@example.com using the subject line “Data Analyst” and responses to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in the position?
- Why you're a good fit for this role?
- What your favourite database or data-related product? Why?
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!